My Ladies & Gentlemen,
How are you doing?
I hope you are ready for challenging yourself in the kitchen this time. Obviously, I have prepared one of my favorite cakes ever! As you have understood from the title, it´s made of cucumbers & lemon! Yes, yes it might sound weird, but believe me it´s super delicious! 🙂
Firstly, remember that sometimes you need to give some time to yourself & leave everything behind. Here I need to admit that the kitchen is one of the best places. Well, at least for me. Furthermore, this recipe will require some of your time & patience. So, please dedicate some relaxing space.
Secondly, you need to be ready to create some mess in the kitchen. I know that many of us usually do that when making food. However, I´m more than dedicated to keep it as tidy as possible & still with this cake it wasn´t the best success. It was worth it though! 🙂
Finally, the lemon curd needs some of your dedication & definitely the patience! So ladies/gentlemen in case you have a gentlemen or a lady who you would like to test in that, then go ahead. This is the best exercise.
When I first time was making this beauty, I was a little bit confused. Actually I think it was good for all my patience levels. Now I also know how to make the best lemon curd possible 🙂 Isn´t it amazing? Yes, I celebrate it as a little success of mine.
You know what they say “A party without a cake is just a meeting”. So make a day special & let´s get the party started & share it with others.
- 200 g coconut flour (almond one should be fine too in case)
- 50 g raw coconut sugar (raw maple syrup could be used a replacement)
- 1/2 big organic egg & 1 egg yolk
- 140 g ghee/organic grass feed butter/raw coconut oil
- 2 organic eggs + 5 yolks
- 100 g raw coconut sugar
- 50 g coconut oil/grass feed butter/ghee
- 50 ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 200 g fresh organic cucumber
- Mint leaves
- Zest of 1/2 medium size organic (well washed) lemon
- Pre-heat oven to 180C/360F.
- Beat the 1/2 of the egg + the egg yolk with coconut oil/butter/ghee (your choice) & the sugar/maple syrup.
- Add the chosen flour & mix the mass into it gets solid & ready to be used for the crust.
- Take the chosen form for the crust & place the pastry smoothly (about 0.5 cm).
- Put the crust to the oven for around 20 minutes (180C/360F).
- Take it out & let it to cool down for around 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile your crust is getting ready grate the cucumber & take the juice out.
- Mix the cucumber with the zest & the mint.
- For the lemon curd, put a bowl in a boiling casserole bowl (remember it can not sink).
- Put all the eggs, the sugar, the lemon juice, 50ml of water left from cucumber, the coconut oil/butter & a pinch of salt.
- Keep the casserole bowl on the medium heat & mix all the mass in the inside bowl with the curd mass for around 25 minutes.
- Take the curd bowl out of the casserole bowl & let it cool down for around 30 minutes.
- When you have everything ready - make the layer of the cucumber mass on the crust.
- Afterwards you place the curd on top & shuffle the cake into the fridge for around 1 hour.
- ENJOY! 🙂
Look forward to seeing your creations! You know I love your shares & comments.
With Lots Of Love from Vero #atveros