Ladies & Gentlemen,
winter has come to Copenhagen. It´s all white & fluffy around. Now it´s the right time to put the big scarfs on & start saying “baby it´s cold outside“. Obviously, it´s cold! As I always say, we have more time for that “hygge” at home. Therefor, I got a really good reason to make my own very easy granola.
I´m a morning person & I really love to spend my early hours with good breakfast & coffee. Usually when I have some time, I would probably drop by one of my favorite places & would sit there with either a book or my computer.
Nevertheless, sometimes it´s just best to wake up in your pajamas, go to your kitchen & make some good food. You know what they say: “Happiness is homemade” & it´s always good to keep that balance.
As I have become a big fan of morning bowls with chia, yogurts & various pure versions from fruit (you will get some more inspiration in the future posts), I have started missing something more natural on the top. Consequently, another day I bought something at an organic food market & that granola was amazing! Unfortunately, I couldn´t find it again & no supermarket sugary versions had made me happy.
So, one morning when it was starting snowing & it was charmingly beautiful outside. I opened my cupboard & I found very few but good ingredients. You won´t believe it, but only few little things were needed for my morning treat.
As the result, I don´t know if that was the smell, or something in the air of bright morning that day, but this simple ritual of making my own treat made me really happy. Besides that, my breakfast bowl was filled with so many good tastes. From now on, the famous granola jar is always filling up after I have made it first time.
So are you ready to make a little bit of it for yourself? It’s always on my cupboard from now on.
- 3 dl organic oats (I usually use the mix of 5 different oats)
- 4 Tbsp organic & raw maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp organic coconut oil
- 2 tsp cinnamon (you can use only 1 in case you don´t like it)
- Pinch of salt
- Optional: raisins & chopped almonds
- Preheat the pan with the coconut oil. Don´t let it be on the highest heat too long.
- Start roasting the oats & add the syrup on top.
- Mix everything well on the pan & keep it on the medium heat.
- Add the salt, the cinnamon & the almonds if you are using them.
- Mix everything until the mass gets brown (remember to don´t keep it too long)
- Your granola should be ready after around 5 minutes.
- Take the pan off the fire & leave it to cool down for a bit.
- Enjoy! Your granola jar is ready!
Enjoy the simplicity & the taste!
Talk to you soon,
With Lots of Love, Vero #atveros