Hello Ladies & Gentlemen,
spring is almost here! Yes, I say almost, because we are still having the cold rainy weather outside. Nevertheless, we can´t wait to welcome the sun here in Scandinavia. Or am I wrong? 🙂
There are so many things I love about the season: people get happier & there are much more smiles on the streets. All the seasonal foods change & we can start shopping for more fresh groceries. Finally, we can put those light dresses on & enjoy the sweetness of the season. We all love this time of the year. Don´t we?
Meanwhile I have started talking about the sweetness, I have remembered another thing everyone loves … well almost everyone, it´s called Nutella! Wouldn´t you agree with me?
I spent several years living in Italy & I remember how everyone was crazy about this sweet treat. Nevertheless, I need to admit that I´m not the biggest fan.
However, my beautiful people, I still love trying new things & especially when I can make them myself. This time I accepted my own challenge & I´ve decided to make homemade nutella in my kitchen. Obviously, it´s not the 100% same as you would get at a supermarket, but it´s a natural, easy to make & really delicious version of it.
I will be sincere here, I have made like 3-4 jars of it & they all are already empty. It went really fast. As the result, my you can enjoy it with the morning pancakes, bread & cheese plate in the evening. I basically fell in love with this homemade nutella. If I keep making so many morning treats for myself & you, I´ll soon need to make breakfast as a second meal instead of lunch.
Happily I can say, that there are so many good things to try & enjoy! Grab the recipe & taste it yourself. It might become one of your favorites.
- 200g hazelnuts
- 150 g pitched dates
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- A pinch himalaya salt
- 250ml warm water (can be you will be need more, depending on the consistency you want)
- Preheat oven to 180C/360F.
- Put hazelnuts in a baking form (in single layer) & while stirring every 5 min roast for 15 min.
- Remove the hazelnuts from the oven and let cool for around 15 min.
- Meanwhile you can soak dates in hot water for around 15 min. (if they are very soft 5 min is enough).
- Put the hazelnuts in food processor and blend until they turn into smooth hazelnut butter (it usually takes around 10-15 min.)
- Add cacao powder and the soaked dates to the food processor. Blend for about 2 min.
- While the food processor is still running, add the maple syrup & gradually add water to reach the desire consistency.
- Blend for max 3-5 min. until the mixture gets very smooth.
- Put it in a jar & enjoy! 🙂
Talk to you soon my dearest people! 🙂
Have a great one!
With Lots Of Love from Vero #atveros