Ladies & Gentlemen,
Winter is coming! It is actually already here. Are you ready for this new, beautiful, but also a little bit cold season? I really hope that some good snow is coming soon, so we can enjoy a little bit of white brightness around.
This is that time of the year when we will get crazy while shopping for warmer clothes, preparing comfort dishes & enjoying city lights that try to overtake the darkness.
What about the kitchen? Forget ice cream & salads for a while (although I still love them). We need something that would warm up our hearts & bodies. As I have said, winter is coming – a good warm bowl of soup is needed!!!
This time, I used some of my creativeness & inspirations around – this is why I am presenting this short food story, that will teach you how to make a really good “Pea Basil Soup”. Something simple, elegant & wonderfully delicious!
You know what they say sometimes: “Happiness is hot soup on a cold day”. So, I hope that when the weather becomes a little bit grumpy & cold, you will find this little treat to be very helpful. It is so simple to make, so easy to feed many & especially – so easy to make people happy because of a good taste!
I love peas as the ingredient for many things. I suppose that, you remember my popular pea’s dip for the burgers & fries. This is why I used it this time as well – I can not get enough of that light & filling taste. Furthermore, what could taste better, than fresh basil? Well, probably there are many things that do taste as good, but only the smell of this spice is worth to be put in the soup.
I like the magic of this dish: simple, filling & delicious!!! My tummy was happy & you can serve it really beautifully, so it decorates the table.
So, my loveliest readers. I am happy to share this tip with you! Please do not hesitate to share your improvisation of m dishes with #atveros! I love seeing them – give it a try & enjoy!
- 500g frozen organic peas
- At around 25 big fresh basil leaves
- 2 medium size leeks
- 200ml organic full-fat coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp raw coconut oil
- 50g organic sheep feta/silk tofu for the vegans
- 10 big almonds
- 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp himalaya salt
- 1 tsp gorunded pepper
- Slice the leeks in tiny rings & chop the basil
- Heat the coconut oil over medium low heat add the basil & the leak rings & gently cook - stirring occasionally until soft translucent
- Add around 750 ml of boiling water, peas, 1/2 of lime juice, the salt & some pepper (depends on how strong you like it)
- Bring everything to boil for 10 minutes
- Puree with a blender until the mass gets smooth & creamy
- Add the coconut milk to the soup & mix it well
- Boil the soup for another 3-4 minutes
- Cut the cheese/the tofu into small cubes, chop the almonds & chop some left basil
- Put soup in bowls & add the cheese/nut/basil garnish on top
- You can squeeze some lime juice on top & garnish with some pepper
This is it for today…
Talk to you soon!
With Love from Vero