Ladies & Gentlemen,
So, I have been on a little “away from writing” holiday. That means that this blog has not been touched for almost 2 weeks. Ah I have missed it! However, I spent my time very wisely: the whole week in a food school for children.
Firstly, it was an amazing experience while we were scrolling the recipes, finding the ingredients & enjoying that cooking time. Somehow as much patience as they needed from me, I have learned a lot about new recipes as well.
Secondly, the most important thing taken from that week is that some best things do not actually require as much time & they are so good. That is for everything: from life experiences, talks to food. You would be surprised how many questions you make yourself when you work with children. They make you question so many of those little things. Obviously, you can not put honey on a meat sandwich. Or… Can you?
I do not know… as I told them no. Although, now it makes me question the fact. Nevertheless, you can definitely put that delicious honey dressing on the strawberries. Yes! That tastes good.
As the result, this was one of those little simple dishes that we made & everyone said: “it was delicious”.
I know for a fact that some of the kids went home & made it for their families straight away. Therefor, I can not keep this recipe as a secret. So the easiest strawberry dessert is here ready to be picked.
To sum it all up. This is recipe is so simple, but it is full of love & good memories at the same time. I do not know anything better for a light dessert after a summer grill, for example. We all fell in love with the simplicity & that good taste of it, so I hope you will really enjoy it & will be making it for many days of your life.
I remember what Paoplo Coelho said once: “It´s the simple things in life that are the most extraordinary“.
- 500g organic strawberries (we used the Danish ones. So wherever in the world you are, choose your local ones)
- 1 lemon
- 3 Tbsp raw acacia honey
- 10 fresh mint leaves
- Some shared cocos flakes (OPTIONAL)
- Wash the strawberries & take the "heads" off.
- Take a bowl & squeeze the whole lemon juice to it.
- Chop the mint leaves into small pieces.
- Add the honey & the mint to the lemon juice & mix everything very smoothly.
- Place the strawberries into a big deep plate.
- Spread the whole juice mix to the strawberries.
- Keep it for 5-10 minutes & share some coconut flakes on the top if you wish.
- Ready to be served!!!!
With Lots of Love From Vero #atveros