My ladies & gentlemen, good afternoon,
So, because spring is stepping in & we are seeing more colors around, I have thought to share a short note for a recipe of one beautiful Sweet Potato Beetroot Tart.
It was a Saturday afternoon & I was invited for brunch to my friends house outside of Copenhagen. It was a very lovely & sunny morning & I was pretty hungry.
Once I walked in I was welcomed by her little daughter & she told me: “Now we are going to cook!”. That was an amazing part of the brunch, although I was pretty hungry, the cooking together part excited me a lot.
After an hour of cutting, mixing, baking, cooking & sharing stories, we finally got to the table. It was gorgeous & full different good plant based & homemade dishes.
As I was a very hungry lady I dug into this beautiful pink “pie”, as I thought it was. After the first bite I couldn´t stop eating – it was really good!
Obviously, I needed to get the recipe & to see how I could experiment with it in my kitchen. Since then this dish has become a big hit in our family. Even my grandmother, who can be a little bit skeptical about all my “weird food inventions”, appreciated it a lot during our Christmas dinner!
Before you say “what is that?” find the ingredients & preheat the oven to 180 C / 350 F.It is much easier & more delicious than you may think!
- Sweet Potato Beetroot Tart Paleo Style2017-01-14 01:59:13A very delicious & simple Sweet Potato Beetroot Tart that can be all plant based. It´s very simple to make & is perfect for your dinner parties! Enjoy!Write a reviewPrep Time15 minPrep Time15 minIngredients
- 2 big sweet potatoes
- 500 g of beetroots
- 75 g of coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. salt
- spices (I choose Italian pepperoncino)
- 2 egg whites (if you are not a vegan, otherwise just skip it)
- 50 g of goat cheese (if you are not a vegan & if you like it)
Adapted from The inspirational Plant Based Food recipesAdapted from The inspirational Plant Based Food recipeshttp://atveros.com/
- Slice both potatoes & beetroots into very thin slices (it should be thin like lasagna pasta forms)
- OPTIONAL Blend egg whites & spices/salt
- Take a form you want to use & spread it with some coconut oil
- Start arranging some slices of potatoes on the form so you can make the first layer
- Spread some coconut oil smoothly on top of the layer so it covers it all
- Arrange the new layer with beetroots
- After you are done with the second layer, repeat the previous procedure with the coconut oil
- Add s pinch of spices & salt to the top
- OPTIONAL: spread some goat cheese
- From now on you can repeat the procedure of potatoes, beetroot & coconut oil layers until you have used all the ingredients
- OPTIONAL:On the last layer you add the egg whites mix & the goat cheese.
- It is ready to go!!! Shuffle it in the stove for around 30 minutes in the temperature of 200 c / 375 F.
Trust me… This is going to be awesome!
After it has finished to bake, just take it out & put it to cool down for like an hour. It needs some time to stick together. It is served cold, both as a main or side dish.
& remember #atveros loves to see your versions of the dishes from this blog – so go ahead & let´s share these delicious time together!
With Lots Of Love,