Hello Ladies & Gentlemen,
I hope you all are doing well & you are enjoying your everyday life as much as possible. After all the holidays & exciting moments of the Christmas/New Years season we all are better at concentrating on our daily tasks. Aren´t we?
Our days are busy so we need to plan our days as much as we can. We talk a lot about sustainable living. Therefor, we need to be good with our time, because that’s actually the only thing that we can´t recycle.
Consequently, another day I was running to work & I needed to grab some lunch with me. Usually, if I don´t have some time to sit & relax in a cafe, then I need to grab some good food with me. Yes, it mostly has to be something fast & healthy. Moreover, I always love challenging my ideas in the kitchen. This time one simple recipe of my Squash Spaghetti was created.
We all love pasta… Don´t we? Well ok, maybe it was a little too strong of a statement. Let me rephrase it: most of us like pasta. I remember when I was living in Italy, we had pasta every single day. Mamma mia! That´s a big part of their culture.
Nevertheless, moving to Scandinavia has shaped other food habits & I have seen that a combination of all the cultures & tastes is a really cool food adventure. Therefor, I have started mixing all the tastes on my plates. We all know that pasta can become a little bit heavy, especially if we have it for lunch: we don´t have so much time for afternoon naps in the Nordics.
As a short summarize of all this, I’m happy that I bought a simple spiralizer. Don´t you know what it is? It´s a little machine that helps you to convert your vegetables (carrots, zucchinis etc) into beautiful spaghetti shapes. Try to google “zucchini spiralizer” & you will see all the various options you can find.
If you don´t have one, don´t worry, there are many ways of making your veggie pasta.
It has become one of my favorite ways of making the spaghetti. Despite all the times when I go to Italian places, I try to make it myself. Often, I use my Paleo Italian tip & it hasn´t disappointed me yet.
This time I will give you a very easy tip for a colorful & easy lunch. It´s really filling & delicious.
Are you ready? Let´s safe time & let´s get making the food!
- 2 medium size zucchinis
- 1 big medium ripe mango
- 1 big avocado
- 100 ml wholefat coconut milk
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp organic & raw coconut oil
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp organic dijon mustard
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of rosemary spices
- Firstly, wash your zucchinis & make your pasta with the method that suits you best.
- Secondly, preheat the pan & keep it on a medium heat.
- Then, put the coconut oil on & once it´s melted put the zucchini pasta on the pan. Fry it for around 1-2 minutes.
- Now you add the mustard, the salt & the coconut milk & mix slowly so it gets a creamy texture (around 5 minutes).
- Finally, cut your mango & avocado into small cubes, season it with some rosemary & the olive oil.
- You are ready to pack your plates/lunch boxes! Once you have done that, remember to squeeze some lemon juice on the top!
- If you are packing lunch for being eaten later, then you can also take an avocado with you & cut it just before eating. It might be a little bit more fresh.
With Lots Of Love,